This year has been a huge challenge so far: Brexit shenanigans ensued, we nearly had WW3, Australia was on fire, the coronavirus pandemic shut down the world, and racial tensions over police brutality in the US reached a breaking point. It’s been rough.
So much so that people all over the world are using humor to cope with just how bad things got. People are posting hilarious quotes about 2020 that a lot of us can relate to.
I am sure some of these have made it to T-shirts and bumper stickers to text on a coffee cup. Sit back, relax and smile a bit with a little humor from all over the world.
1. “If last year, I have annoyed you, upset you or really ticked you off. Suck it up, buttercup, cuz 2020 ain’t gonna be any better.”
2. If 2020 was a hotel: “Welcome to Hotel Hell. Check in time is now. Check out is never.”
3. When I say “The other day” I am referring to anytime between yesterday and 6 weeks ago.
4. We will win the war against coronavirus the same way we won the war against Vietnam. It got too expensive, so we pretended that it was over.
5. People cannot believe Tiger King was the most normal part of 2020.
6. Wash your hands often and don’t touch your Facebook.
7. T-SHIRT: I survived the great 2020 Toilet Paper Scare.
8. 2020 is a unique leap year. It has 29 days in February. 100 days in March. 5 years in April.
9. Wondering what else 2020 will bring? The next 5 months spell J.A.S.O.N.
10. The world was fine until we decided to raid Area 51. Just sayin’.
11. Yesterday marked the beginning of an “above-normal” hurricane season. Yeah, and that’s just great. Another one for Apocalypse Bingo!
12. Check on your conspiracy friends. They have not had a day off in weeks!
13. Going to feel bad for all the teachers next year as the kids say, “That’s not how my mom taught me!”
14. Dear July. I do not want any trouble from you. Just come in. Sit down. Don’t touch anything and keep your mouth shut.
15. Remember when we said, “wait until the participation trophy kids grow up…” Welcome to 2020.
16. I have aged 3 years since June.
17. If you could end coronavirus right now by sacrificing one genre of music, what would it be and why country music?
18. It’s a new day… A chance to make new friends or piss off a group of people. It could go either way.
19. I need social distancing from the kitchen. I have tested positive for a big butt.
20. Raise your hand if you are tired of everything.
21. How’s everyone’s summer body looking? Mine looks like I have great personality.
22. The racoon is the official mascot of 2020. Why? Wears a mask. Washes its hand immediately after eating and if you rearrange RACOON … it will spell out CORONA.
23. At this point if a clown invited me into the woods, I would go.
24. Due to Covid-19 I will no longer allow hand-shaking or giving hugs. You may no bow or give me the finger. Your choice.
25. By the time you can have a drink in the bar, Captain Morgan will be an admiral.
26. So far 2020 is like crossing the street. You look both ways then get hit by an airplane.
27. Less Friends. Less Drama. Keep your circle small and your beer cold.
28. Romance novels written during the Covid-19 will start like this: “She slowly slipped her mask down as she seductively removed her gloves…”
29. By 2020 we thought we would be driving flying cars. Instead we are teaching people how to wash their hands.
30. 13: ”I am the most feared number in the world!”
666: “Aw, that’s cute.”
2020: “ Here, Hold my beer…”
*LIFE’S A BEACH